- Ollie Johnston: Thumper from Bambi
- John Lounsbery: Elephants from Dumbo
- Les Clark: Sorcerer Mickey from Fantasia
- Woolie Reitherman: Dinosaurs from Fantasia
- Marc Davis: Tinker Bell from Peter Pan
- Eric Larson: Figaro from Pinocchio
- Milt Kahl: Roger and Pongo from 101 Dalmatians
- Ward Kimball: Tweedledee and Tweedledum from Alice in Wonderland
- Frank Thomas: Lady and the Tramp share dinner from Lady and the Tramp
The flipbooks are very handsome. And of course the art within the flipbooks are fantastic since they are portions of classic Disney animated scenes from the pencils of legends. And it is kind of fun to flip through the books, though I still do not have the fluid flipping I would prefer. But overall I would label Walt Disney’s Nine Old Men: The Flipbooks as fun.
But it is also somewhat pricey. The list price is $60, but Amazon has it for around $35. So as the Between Wife watched me flip the books she asked, how much did you pay for it? And I was somewhat bashful in stating the price, especially for just an hour of fun if I never pick it up again. So I would say this is probably a book not for everyone. Those who would want to purchase this are Between Books completionists and animation fans.
Walt Disney’s Nine Old Men: The Flipbooks is a fun interactive read. It will be most appreciated by animation fans and Disney book collectors. But for those with only a light interest, it is probably best to look elsewhere to build your Between Book library.